[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linux memory limitations?

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Fri Nov 16 09:07:57 EST 2007

We priced out a bunch of systems and the MacPro sells for a bit less
than a PC with very similar specs--We're not looking at a big
savings-- really just a few bucks-

That said, I'd like to hear the answer to Jose's question below-.
Having the option of booting OSX as well as linux on the same system
makes this the option for us--, BUT-only if we're going to get a
system that will match houdini's performance on a quad core "PC" -
Linux box-

Thanks-