[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Apprentice HD: No More Watermark!!

Joe Drew joe at sidefx.com
Thu Nov 15 13:17:23 EST 2007

Adrian Lee wrote:
> Excelent news, but I dont get what diferent from a full licence apart from
> not being to farm rendering and the increase in render size.
> If your only getting one mantra token does that mean you cant have say 2
> renders going on a multi core machine?

There are several differences, the most important of which is that
you're not allowed to use Apprentice HD for commercial purposes.

Houdini Apprentice HD license are all node-locked. Also, you only get
one Mantra license, but Mantra automatically uses multi-core machines
since it's multithreaded.

> Dropping the .hipnc is great too.

Houdini Apprentice HD still uses .hipnc and .picnc.