[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linux memory limitations?

Abdul-Kareem Abo-Namous anamous at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:59:43 EST 2007

I recommend the MacPro 3GHz Xeon 8-core machines. Very reliable,
ridiculously fast, and you get to triple-boot OSX, windows and linux.
However, be aware that there are issues with both Win32 (only seeing 2 GB of
RAM) and Win64 (missing drivers). I have ubuntu and fedora (both 64)
installed on the MacPros, and so far no issues. In fact, ubuntu even lets
you use the special keys on the Mac keyboard. And as far as bang for bucks
goes, there's nothing that comes close at the moment.

BTW, if you intend to use only Windows/Linux on those machines, you can buy
them with the default graphics card, and replace it with any PC compatible
card. OSX won't boot, but everything else will.

cheers