[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linux memory limitations?

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Tue Nov 13 12:52:50 EST 2007

Hey John,

These new systems are going to be used primarily as workstations-
However, being a very small studio we're always looking to squeeze as
much productivity as possible out of our systems- We might tend to
spend more on our workstations so they can double as contributors to
the render pipeline even as we work-

We do have to deal with some pretty huge CAD dada sets- most of our
production is HD 1080- So the faster the better for both display and
render-  If anyone has configuration suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Jed-