[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render from disc

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Tue Nov 13 12:08:17 EST 2007

Thanks Peter, I don't know how anyone is supposed to guess this though.
It is cool!

I think someone at SESI needs to go through 8.X and make a transition
guide, (there is no mention of this in the current transition guide),
that shows how to do these kinds of commonly required things.  The
search help is almost useless in this regard as "render from file"
returns a million entries, (anything with any of the words in the search
string).

Thanks again,
Sean

Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Hey Sean,
>
> It's a lot faster and, intuitiver too, in H9! Here's what you do:
>
> Inside your object, add a SHOPnet
> Inside that, add a Mantra: Delayed Load. Specify your file to render.
> Up on the Object, select the Delayed Load SHOP in the
> Geometry->Procedural Shader.
>
> Presto!
>
> Sarcasm aside, while I really like the new way that procedurals are
> done in H9 (i.e. they have a proper UI now), default Geometry objects
> should have this built in as it's pretty standard to want to do this.
> I will not editorialise further lest I get in trouble...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter B
>
> On 13/11/2007, Sean Lewkiw <seanl at rainmaker.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What happened to the "render from disc" option at the object level?
>> Can't find it anywhere, (used to be a menu that contained the now toggle
>> "render as subdivs").
>>
>> Sean
>>
>> --
>> Sean Lewkiw