[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render from disc

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Tue Nov 13 11:57:54 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 11:45, Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Sarcasm aside, while I really like the new way that procedurals are
> done in H9 (i.e. they have a proper UI now), default Geometry objects
> should have this built in as it's pretty standard to want to do this.
> I will not editorialise further lest I get in trouble...

	C'mon Peter...you know you want to...:)

	I agree, it's very cool, I was about to post but you beat me, and I was going
to forward Sean to some doc pointers to it under Procedural Shaders and...
404...404...404..

	These really new approachs to existing capabilities needs at least some
rudimentary documentation to get peeps up to speed for such common
operations.  I also agree that this is one of those common operations,
although how it should be implemented by default, if at all, is up for
debate.  I like how it's part of the shader now, you can run it from there,
or override from the object, the flexibility is nice.  Wiring it up into a
SHOP built into the object wouldn't be my first choice for default behaviour.
Again, this goes back to coming up with solutions for setting this stuff up
*fast*...if solutions can be found for that, then what's there by default
becomes less relevant.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada