[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render from disc

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:45:12 EST 2007

Hey Sean,

It's a lot faster and, intuitiver too, in H9! Here's what you do:

Inside your object, add a SHOPnet
Inside that, add a Mantra: Delayed Load. Specify your file to render.
Up on the Object, select the Delayed Load SHOP in the
Geometry->Procedural Shader.

Presto!

Sarcasm aside, while I really like the new way that procedurals are
done in H9 (i.e. they have a proper UI now), default Geometry objects
should have this built in as it's pretty standard to want to do this.
I will not editorialise further lest I get in trouble...

Cheers,

Peter B