[Sidefx-houdini-list] Sub frame evaluation of POPs

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Tue Nov 13 07:42:29 EST 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible in H8 to cook a POP Network more
frequently than once per frame and access the geometry? Oversampling is
creating the motion I want, except that I'd like to be able to access the
particles at each stage of the oversampling.

So for example, if you turn off integer frame values in Global Animation
Options and set the step to 0.1, then you can see the result of particles
being calculated at frame values of 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, etc. But is there
anyway that I can change this to be at say 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc.?

In case you're wondering, this is all because I'm trying to create sub
frame particle trails :-)

Thanks

Andy