[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering artifacts in raytrace

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Nov 7 10:44:18 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I'm passing on an issue that one of our artists has with rendering
raytraced reflections and occlusion. It's basically leaving big green
blobs over the render, I've attached a small image to this email to
illustrate (assuming attachments work on this list).

It could potentially cause us a big problem with our schedule so I'm
hoping that someone here has come across this issue before and knows how
to fix it. More info from Drew has been pasted below...

- - -

The problem is directly related to raytracing- affecting the reflection
and occlusion passes- but not evident in the other outputs (ambient,
diffuse, spec etc)

We have changed render settings to try solve the problem, but it seems
what ever setting we have, the issue still arises but at different frames.

So it makes solving the problem difficult as i fix one frame, thinking its
all good but another set are broken.

help me houdini wizards!!

- - -

Does anyone have any ideas?