[Sidefx-houdini-list] vex code to sop

herman herman02 at netvigator.com
Fri Nov 2 00:33:01 EDT 2007

dear all,

I just start learning to use vex, and discover that the "compile vex code to sop type" are very useful for modeling (learn from David Gary's Vex DVD). I'm trying to explore more function in vex and to visualize in Sop, especially the Worley noise, voronoi noise and cellular noise. However is not quite successful to visual it in 3d model pattern. I tried the help, and Vex language reference, but not much material cover this subject.

For quick visualization, I did the following but not sucessful,

At geo - grid> vex(derived from compile vex code to sop type)

At Vex - Global variables(P)>vectofloat(v)>voronoise>floatovec>output

Wonder if anyone is familiar with these functions and knowing any link to this relevant subject? I know this may involve complicated procedures and not that simple I might have thought, however, any advice to help me progress is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

herman