[Sidefx-houdini-list] String manipulation

jordibares jordibares at the-mill.com
Thu May 31 14:25:12 EDT 2007

Hi all, I am trying using $HIPNAME and $OS to build the actual output name
of my sequence but I need $HIPNAME to return the name without the extension.

Intead of

> myscene.hip

I need

> myscene

I had a look at the expression documentation and managed to do it by running
this

> Echo `substr($HIPNAME, 0, strlen($HIPNAME)-4)`

But I was wondering if there is another way as this seems too convoluted for
something that at first seem very very necessary.

May be like in the csh

> Echo $HIPNAME:r  ? ????

Thanks in advance

Jb

PS. Can¹t wait to have python inside houdini...