[Sidefx-houdini-list] Animating Boolean Triggers

Georg Duemlein, Dipl.-Des. info at preset.de
Thu May 31 07:17:30 EDT 2007

Sorry for not being clear.

I want to animate the start/stop of an engine.
If the engine is on the value 1 if it is off the value is 0.
As this should support long animation ranges the real time idea is not
that applicable.

Trigger might be the wrong term: I think it is a switch.
 > Or do you mean that everytime someone hits the trigger button,
 > it sets a value to 1 if it was zero and zero if it was one, and adds a
 > key at that frame?

I guess this is what I mean.
I recently discovered this in 3dsmax:
a boolean controller - it just can store booleans values (1 and 0) and
if linked to an checkbox the animator can control this controller.
It produces keyframes with constant interpolations.

I am looking for the houdini pendant for this.

Georg

--
Dipl.-Des. Georg Dümlein

  Brunnenweg 24b