[Sidefx-houdini-list] Sharing animation with Max

Georg Duemlein, Dipl.-Des. info at preset.de
Thu May 31 06:35:31 EDT 2007

Rangi Sutton wrote:
> Google had turned up your page actually and I was going to write to you
> and ask for a few details on how you accomplished this?

Well, I took the sample-point-cache-code - a maxscript that ships with
the pointcache2 and replaced the writing function with a custom function.
This function reads a sequence of obj files and feeds the vertex-data
into the pointcache.
Depending on how much time you want to spend with this, you can
implement a nice converter. I decided to go the quick'n'dirty route and
do face flipping and rotation correction (this is caused by the max
z-up) in 'post'. there is also no interface as it is meant to be part of
a pipeline.

> Are you willing
> to share the code? There's no link on the page.. but the animation is
> evident that you got it working.

I guess I should.
Currently I am dreaming of using this in my 'reel'/'applications' to
demonstrate that I have a deep understanding of these programs.
But maybe I should write a tutorial for this, as it demonstrates how to
fix a problem by using mockups.

Georg

--
Dipl.-Des. Georg Dümlein