[Sidefx-houdini-list] Compositor

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri May 25 18:29:09 EDT 2007

2007/5/25, jordibares <jordibares at the-mill.com>:

> Would be great to have tracking/stabilization for multiple 3D related
> tasks,
> it does not necessarily mean it would end up competing with Nuke/Shake
> although I think would be good too.

Yes, having this features will be great as an aid for CG integration with
live footage into the same package.
Unfortunately Side FX haven't had update COPs for some time, hopefully they
make some improvements in the future.
You can make tracking and stabilization of movements with CHOPs, not exactly
what you are looking for but quite useful some times.
For example annoying camera shaking due to a poor/problematic camera
tracking can be solved with some filters/lags in CHOPs.

In  my agenda when I asked for tracking is mostly to help with 3D camera
> tracking, object pining to the footage, fov calculations...
> jb
>

> On 25/5/07 12:36, "Dragos Stefan" <ds_list at dsg.ro> wrote:
>
> > I actually don't want to see it up there with Nuke, because it's obvious
> > that SESI is a 3D software company, not a compositing one. I'm quite
> > satisfied with Halo being only a "render-passes manipulation tool"

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez