[Sidefx-houdini-list] Holding Bone Weights

Michael Goldfarb goldfarb at corefa.com
Fri May 25 18:14:11 EDT 2007

are you doing hard surface rigging or character stuff?
I use groups like a madman when using the captureoverride...
can you give me an example of...er...your example?
'cause I just paint till my hand hurts...monkey with some
overrides...attribute transfer subdivided sections to the same
un-subdivided sections...paint some more...etc...

and yes attribute compositing is the bee's knees...despite it's horribe
workflow and poor documentation...

merging geometry with differing attributes (not capture attributes) is a
nightmare...attribute transfer has saved us huge amounts of time/$$$ but
could use some refinement for character work...