[Sidefx-houdini-list] Holding Bone Weights

Mark Wells mark at 3dsite.com
Fri May 25 16:05:28 EDT 2007

Hey Group,

We've been using houdini for Rigging our characters for the past 2.5 years.
Houdini has some amazing tools, but It seems that I keep running in to the
same problem, which seems essential in working with weights.

I'm looking for a way to hold bone weights.

For example:

 If you have 4 bones that you need to weight a single point to.  I would
like to lock two of the bones weightings for that point so I'm only
transfering the remaining weights between the other two bones.

This Is extremely helpful, almost a must in weighting in any program.

Has anybody overcome this problem?  Is the solution in Houdini 9?  Is it
possible to add this feature in upcoming releases?

-Mark