[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: mip-map exr's

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu May 24 10:14:50 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 23:05, Andrew D Lyons wrote:

> What I'm curious about now is how - or whether - mantra handles loading the
> correct tiles according to screen size? (which is what I presume it does
> for .rat images.) If not - wouldn't that be cool?

	AFAIK rat is the recommended solution for texture maps in mantra.  OExr is
supported as an input/output format, but I'm unsure if there's any options to
take advantage of all the various styles of output.  Is there a particular
reason you want to use Oexr for this, apart from the size savings of going
half float over float?

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada