[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT: Camera Tracking

Jeff Higgins jeffrey.higgins at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:12:58 EDT 2007

Throwing in my 2 cents, here, i'm a PFTrack fan, although I will say that
with any 3d tracking app, its going to solve some of your plates quickly and
often others with tremendous difficulty. Expect a fair amount of
handtracking with any solution you go with. This is from my (albeit limited)
experience doing 3d tracking.

I like PFTrack because it gives you a fair amount of controls and options
after tracking and solving to help smoothen out the bumps quicker.  Guided
Tracking is the shit with PFTrack, Geometry Tracking and optical flow stuff
is cool, but I really never used in production, there's no multi camera
support (something that i believe boojoo and Matchmover support), and
tacking shots with lens distortion isn't reliable in PFTrack I find. I did
play with SynthEyes a bit and I would agree with everyone else, its really
fast, supports and large number of formats, its only a shame its not
available for linux.

Alot of people hail to Boojoo, i really don't know why, I didn't have all
that much success with it myself.

Good luck,

jeff