[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT: Camera Tracking

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Wed May 23 11:42:37 EDT 2007

Heya Sean,

I've had a good of success with both 3DE, and PFTrack.  Conversely, Boujou, which some people swear by, gave me a remarkable amount of grief.

One thing you should be aware of is that, PFTrack, at this time, cannot export object tracks to Houdini (but, it can to other platforms... exporting channels isn't unheard of) -- as far as I know -- it's been a while.

3DE Does seem to track features better, especially when motion blur is concerned, but PFTrack, though, imho a worse "tracker" generated cleaner solutions.

PFTrack also has geometry tracking, which, last I checked 3DE did not.  PFTrack is sleeker and sexier by far (gui wise), and cheaper...

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to touch base directly.

Cheers,

Gene