[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ye ole geforce 8800 gtx

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Tue May 22 14:20:18 EDT 2007

It kind of makes sense since Twinview is a hardware solution.

I found I needed to be very explicit in the settings I gave for each
monitor.
Can't speak about Windows though, I'm exclusively on Ubuntu. But I have
several scripts now to deal with whatever output I need. They all work
great.

PeterR

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 11:15 -0700, Kurt Williams wrote:
> Peter Robbinson wrote:
>
> >You might also want to try Twinview instead of Nview.
> >

> Actually that was the mode I found the most stable with the single large
> display. I guess the drivers will either set up 2 resolution and color
> depth independant displays, or one large shared resolution/color depth
> display. I'm guessing nview gives 3d applications the most problems for
> redraw.
>
> Twinview throwing a large desktop across two displays is much more stable.

"everything is coincident"