[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini OGL viewports

jordibares jordibares at the-mill.com
Tue May 22 13:37:11 EDT 2007

Not really, if you look carefully you will see (even with an smaller grid)
that Houdini¹s grid is painted OVER the mesh, while XSI (for example) takes
in account if you are under/behind or over/front it.

This when shading obviously does not really matter but I must say I don¹t
want to shade so many objects... Nor hidden line as a matter of fact... My
GL card is not that good yet.

:)

jb

On 22/5/07 17:45, "George Jimenez" <jjimenez11 at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> hey guys
>

>     I don't think it's a open gl problem it's just the density of the
> grid it self in houdini is more then in XSI and Maya ... If you look at
> how big the grid is and how many cross sections it has compare to XSi
> then you will see it bunch up... Same thing happens in Maya as well if
> you look at it in like from the ground plane.. if you make the grid less
> dense then you will not see the bunching up in the horizon..
>

>  Sorry if it doesn;t make sense  just thought i might put it out there...
>

> George
>

> jordibares wrote:
>
>> >http://www.jordibares.co.uk/tmp/viewportcomparision.jpg

Houdini a