[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini OGL viewports

jordibares jordibares at the-mill.com
Tue May 22 06:06:16 EDT 2007

Hi all, just a simple question

As we are jumping in our full fledged production with Houdini a number of
things I am of course adapting to and others I just feel are not right.

Is any way the construction plane is painted correctly? I mean, if you get
an sphere in your scene and you look top-down the bottom of the sphere
should be painted under the construction plane (opengl painting I mean)
while the top of the grid should be painted over this construction plane.

Is any preferences for this behavior?

Funny enough in Maya the object is always painted OVER the construction
plane but in XSI it is depending of where those points lay in space (which I
feel is very wise)

Thanks a lot
jb