[Sidefx-houdini-list] instancing atmosphere object

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:50:55 EDT 2007

Tricky, since you need to take into account the transform of the
atmosphere object.

However, you don't need to render i3d clouds with an Atmosphere
object. There is a surface shader called VEX 3D Texture Cloud that you
can apply to geometry, usually a simple cube. Then you can do normal
copying/instancing. I have not tried this though, so you'll have to do
some tests :)

Cheers,

peter B