[Sidefx-houdini-list] instancing atmosphere object

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:34:13 EDT 2007

I don't think you can... what is it you're trying to do?

Actually, you can do it, crudely. First, name your first Fog object
something0. Now, if you use a point expression in the Translate like
so:

point("../objectWithPoints",opdigits("."),"P",0) etc etc

then when you copy and paste the Atmosphere object, each one will be
named 0, 1, 2 etc, and those will be copied to point 0, point 1 etc.
Not super procedural (I'd suggest a script) but it does work.

Cheers,

Peter B