[Sidefx-houdini-list] Canadians working in the US (was: R&DOPENINGS AT LAIKA)

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:23:14 EDT 2007

The word "shoehorn" used by Ammon is very important. Immigration
doesn't really understand the nature of the work we do. I have a PhD
in music Composition, and on my original H1B visa that Digital Domain
organized when they brought me to the USA from Australia I'm described
as a "digital artist". (I've won the diversity greencard lottery since
then.) The important thing is that you have some kind of degree, and
some kind of experience, and perhaps most importantly - some kind of
lawyer.

Cheers