[Sidefx-houdini-list] Canadians working in the US (was: R&D OPENINGS AT LAIKA)

Graham D Clark mailgrahamdclark at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:20:18 EDT 2007

Yeah Peters dead on.
A TN1 is much easier to get than a green card, but requies a bachelors
(they say or 5 years work equiv but frankly Ive only heard it being
refused with just that).
A Green card is tough to get, but if youre a person of Extrondinary
Ability (noteriety in your field) and people on this list are then you
can apply for an O-1, then the Green Card goes easier. Since a TN1 is
suposed to be only a temporary visa you risk loosing at crossing it
while applying for a Green Card.
Some companies sponsor the visa completely, others reimburse, while
others just sign the letter and finding a lawyer and paying the fees
are up to the applicant.
I was in US on and off for 17 years on TN1s easily renewing except
once with a bad laywer and have signed letters for lots of O-1s
recommending them for people needed here, some came quickly and others
took almost a year.
Good luck.
--
Graham D Clark
Paramount Pictures, Marx Brothers Building, Room 111, 5555 Melrose