[Sidefx-houdini-list] Canadians working in the US (was: R&D OPENINGS AT LAIKA)

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:54:56 EDT 2007

Hi Darran,

Every company is different. Last time I looked at Disney's application
form, they wouldn't even consider you if you didn't have a greencard
at least. Digital Domain did international imports last I heard. Laika
apparently is looking to get people from wherever they can too, and
will organize work visas for the right people. I'm not sure about
Sony. The 4 year degree or equivalent is a big pre-requisite though. I
think it's pretty tough to get people in without that.

Like Peter said, Greencards aren't easy to get through companies
anymore as I understand it, but you can get other visas assuming you
meet certain requirements. I'd think it should be reasonably straight
forward for Canadians.

Cheers