[Sidefx-houdini-list] Refine sop

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Tue May 15 13:32:54 EDT 2007

Why not skin it as a mesh, refine it and then convert to nurbs
afterwards, much more controllable.
When you refine a mesh you aren't adding isoparms you are effectively
adding control points.
When you refine a nurbs surface it will add extra control points where
they are needed in order to create the isoparm in the right place... If
you see what I mean. Perhaps in maya you can directly edit the surface
and not just the control points so you don't see the issue.