[Sidefx-houdini-list] ifd

Jeff Higgins jeffrey.higgins at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:48:07 EDT 2007

ifd is the scene desription for mantra much like rib is for prman.

it will store the geometry, lights, atmosphere objects.

things like texturemaps, i3d, and shaders are files that the renderer
understands but are required by ifd to render (ie. there is probably a path
to this file in the ifd ).
i hope that explains it, and i'm by no means an ifd master, so hopefully if
i'm wrong some will point it out!

-jeff