[Sidefx-houdini-list] Carve A Nurb Curve Using Hdk

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 09:43:32 EDT 2007

Hi.....

I want to carve a Nurb Curve in HDK , like a Carve SOP. I have a pointer to the"GU_PrimNURBCurve".
I think the "cut" function in GU_PrimNURBCurve class does the same thing.My Code is something like,

///////////////////////////////////

        GU_Curve*    newNurbcurvePtr = 0;
    int ind1 = 0;
    int ind2 = 0;
newNurbcurvePtr = nurbcurvePtr->cut(myU(),myV(),ind1,ind2,0);

the 'keep" flag is off. So it should modify my source curve. It is not doing that. Also it is not giving any outpout, as value of newNurbcurvePtr remains 0 after the function.  If i use 1 as "keep" flag then also the value is 0.
 I don't know what the Index parameters ind1 and ind2 are for, but they are also not changing .  If anybody knows plz explain.

 iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)
TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics.