[Sidefx-houdini-list] particles

jtalbain at singnet.com.sg jtalbain at singnet.com.sg
Mon May 14 03:15:31 EDT 2007

Hey Jason,
Sorry to report I'm not getting any success at the Sops level, I did some quick tests with Pops, yes it works there with the Preserve Group function (but of course it doesn't help you...)

The closest I could get to what you wanted was to set the Cd attribute on the particle SOP's source (with a group, bounding object and attribcreate), that was the only way I could get something to stick to the particles.

I'm not sure if Houdini Master and Touch can share files, but perhaps you could do the simulation in POPs, write out a geo sequence, or perhaps a CHOPs clip? And then import that into Touch?

Hope you figure it out soon! Would love to hear how you worked it out.

Regards,
Alvin