[Sidefx-houdini-list] cellular>trace

herman herman02 at netvigator.com
Mon May 14 03:07:25 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I've been trying to make some cellular/voronoise (vex > cop) then to use trace sop to create some 3d pattern for my architectural façade tiling. I somehow manage to create some desire pattern at cop http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/497557808_265f6c80b1_o.jpg . But when I trace it, it doesn't pick up the pattern I want, only with some random patches. I tried to fine tune it at cop by using "invert/limit/edge" which I learn from the tutorials of Houdini cities. But somehow unsuccessful.

Also, if I would like to create multiple center of attraction, this is an image I scanned from a book http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/497557812_ace0ec5044_o.jpg  , then what should I do in vex? The tutorials also covers it, but only for single center of attractions.

Does anyone know any tutorials with vex or any link that I can explore more with vex so that I can handle it more maturely??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers herman