[Sidefx-houdini-list] particles

jason lam j.lam81 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:30:10 EDT 2007

much appreciate your interest and help

its quite simple, its just particle sop feeding into a copy sop which
copies a plain old grid.  it copy stamps a W coordinate per grid.
then that all goes into sort sop which orders particles based on
proximity to an animated point

then i've got another point sop which i'm using to change the W
coordinate for all point numbers within an arbitary value (75
currently) which means that the 75 closest particles to the animated
point changes texture.

This is all great, however i want it so that once it changes texture,
it doesn't change back.
the prob is with the if expression i'm using
if($PT<75, 3, $VARW)
that once the point moves away, the texture changes back
i can't work out how to either set a flag so that once it changes it
can't go back.

Jais