[Sidefx-houdini-list] Printing out a hard copy

Chip Collier photex at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:08:54 EDT 2007

If you don't mind dropping a couple of bucks on the print, some photo
printer kiosks have really amazing die-sub printers. Do like Gene said and
render a very large image (try to work it out so it's *at least* 720dpi,
possibly more) but take the file down to the kiosk and print it there. And
if you felt like it you can get some wallet sized ones :) .
I worked at a photo-lab one summer and got pretty good at this. It's also
possible (but expensive) to create a color slide (or negative even) from
your image suitable for printing on large photo machines where you could
even get matte prints. But I'd just stick with printing.
If you have a local photography store you could talk to them about it, as
there is so much digital photography happening they likely print hi-res
digital images all the time and could be very insightful.

cheers,
_chip