[Sidefx-houdini-list] Printing out a hard copy

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Fri May 11 08:49:43 EDT 2007

As Rangi pointed out, wren is a great place to start... assuming you have access to a printer that speaks postscript.

That said,

I found over the years, that most desktop printers moved away from postscript -- in fact most so-called photo printers don't even speak it natively.

I would render a giant image, in mantra (think 4K and above), size it as needed in photoshop, and print from there.  Don't neglect the paper selection either.
I find most inkjets respond better to glossy, high-end stock.  I personally love the Ilford (a relic from the old school photography days).

This is also border lining on voodoo, but i've always had better success at printing from photoshop rather then illustrator (and by voodoo, I mean ignorance on my part) :)

good luck,

Gene