[Sidefx-houdini-list] Calculating Velocity after CreepPOP?

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Thu May 10 09:59:31 EDT 2007

I found an example of how to do this from Jeff, from way back in 2001,
and it still opens in H 8.2.

Basically, create an attribute POP last in your chain, vector type, name
"txp", $TX, $TY, $TZ
Then, up the chain, a vel pop, with "vector3($TX-$TXPX, $TY-$TXPY,
$TZ-$TXPZ)" as expression, apply only to a group that includes only the
"crept" particles.

I couldn't get it to work in component mode, which is where I was going
wrong.

I think it would be much simpler if SESI would just make the creep POP
calculate velocity.

Sean

Pete Wallace wrote:

> Lordy,
>     Does anyone have a cunning way to get V after a CreepPOP has done it's thing?
> I'm changing pstate to release the particles from the geometry,
>    but of course i get a dramatic change in Velocity when they are freed,  as the CreepPOP
> doesn't add a meaningful v.
>
> Some preliminary messing around with trying to store the previous frame's P
> hasn't worked    :-/

Sean Lewkiw
--
Rainmaker Digital