[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point cloud interpolation in SOPs?

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Wed May 9 09:17:44 EDT 2007

So let's say you got that "pointcloud normals" thing working then you
could use the ISO Surface Sop to create a surafce from that.
Set it to "pointcloud" and have high divisions.
Then use the Connectivity Sop to create an attribute on that surface and
attribute transfer it back to the original pointcloud.
Then use the partition Sop to create groups on the pointcloud.
After that you can use the Add Sop to connect per group and do the
refine thing.

Another method would be to randomly sort the points in each created
curve and blend between that and the original.

cheers,
benS