[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point cloud interpolation in SOPs?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:25:19 EDT 2007

Hi,
     So, I've got this cloud of points, that are roughly in the shape
of some objects. They're moving around.  I want to add more points,
interpolated (linear is fine) between the existing points. I don't
want to have new points "outside" the existing objects, in other words
the interpolation should happen within a distance threshold of other
points, effectively adding more density to the point cloud without
altering its "shape". I have thought of a few ways of doing this using
pciterate() etc in VEX to create "normals" that give me the direction
of max density etc. However, before I dive in, am I missing anything
obvious?

Cheers,

peter B