[Sidefx-houdini-list] chop drive chanels with one

Georg Duemlein, Dipl.-Des. info at preset.de
Fri Jun 29 10:23:07 EDT 2007

Ok.
I must admit I overread the "duration between triggers" part.
I really depends on your setup and intention.
I usually try to have a 0..1 slider that drives such stuff.

The time between triggers can be extracted in chops.
I am writting a vex for this - which is buggy.

But You can use a countCHOP to count up bewteen triggers.
(Which again depends on your setup - if this is possible)
Once you have this - how I call it - cheapAREA you can reverse the
channel add a hold to get a static value instead of the rising slope.
And then reverse the channel again.
Voila - each frame now holds the time in frames between two triggers.

Georg