[Sidefx-houdini-list] Grabbing velocity from dops

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Fri Jun 29 05:16:02 EDT 2007

Ben Schrijvers wrote:
> But that vel attribute is only translation. I geuss when the objects
> rotate you'll also have to use rotation velocity (rotvel?).
> That would then only work when you use the channels in object space.
> So a geo node per object.. or some sort of instancing trickyness.
Yeah.. true. I think when it comes to that I'll probably hit the old
brute force trail sop.. but using the vops translation v gets me part of
the way there without the extra calcs so might be useful for tests. I
don't think I want to go near geo for every obj.. lot's of objs, doesn't
feel very elegant. Instancing trickiness would be the best solution I
guess.. but I don't know if I'll ever get that tricky with it ;)

Beers,
r.