[Sidefx-houdini-list] Grabbing velocity from dops

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Thu Jun 28 05:11:54 EDT 2007

Hey folks,

I'm fairly new to actually using dops.. so excuse me if this is obvious.

I've got a whole bunch of rbd objects doing their thing, created from
groups as you do. I'm pulling them back into sops with an object merge
and /obj/dopnet:chunks*/Geometry, as I think is the way you should do.

I want to render them with motion blur. I don't want to use a trail sop
because they're pretty heavy and I can see there is a value "vel" for
each object in the Position in dops. How would I go about getting this
onto my geometry as a point attribute? Do I need to stamp around an
expression per group or something? There must be an easy way for this...

Beers,