[Sidefx-houdini-list] union/IATSE

CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 07:40:48 EDT 2007

The Animators Union I was a member of in Los Angeles (Local 839)  was IATSE
(or affiliated with it).

    _http://www.animationguild.org/_ (http://www.animationguild.org/)

There are some good honest people there who do care about the issues that
many in our industry are facing and it doesn't hurt to ask questions.  They
were pretty open about what they can and can't do when we were being Unionized
at Disney Feature Animation.

In my mind the only thing the Union does is force Management to do their
jobs, rather than allowing them to plan poorly and make the masses under them
work crazy hours to make up for their mistakes.

-Craig Hoffman

In a message dated 6/18/2007 1:40:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,