[Sidefx-houdini-list] Handle constraints

Stuart Ramsden Stuart.Ramsden at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 20 00:58:10 EDT 2007

I'm trying to find a way to constrain the movement of a pivot handle.

In the simplest example, I want to provide a position/translation handle
to allow dragging, but in only 2 dimensions. For example, using a Grid
SOP, click and drag the 'center' parameter to the display window and
create a 'pivot handle'. The user can constrain motion to 1 degree of
freedom at a time, by clicking on the lines of the axis. Grabbing the
central box gives full 3 axis control. If the /tz param is locked, the
box vanishes, and so does the locked axis. I do get 2 degrees of
freedom, but only 1 degree at a time (bummer).

Does anyone know of a work around for this, or is there a way to
customize handles so that they can be made 2D only?

Thanks,

Stuart.

--
 Stuart Ramsden <Stuart.Ramsden at anu.edu.au>