[Sidefx-houdini-list] exporting channels from CHOPs

Jeff Higgins jeffrey.higgins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:40:54 EDT 2007

you can use the channel rop to export to the file or the Export ROP to other
parts within houdini.

for custom importers / exporters take a look at CHOPio in $HH ( or
$HFS/houdini ) directory, it lets your register into houdini standalone
command line tools for importing and exporting into and out of houdini based
on the file extension.

you can write these tools in anything you want ( ie. python, perl, etc )

the only thing you have be careful about is how you read in the data to and
from the command line.

its pretty usefull if you want to use chops to process data coming out of
other apps.