[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rman VOP displace shader

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Mon Jun 18 13:56:37 EDT 2007

But... but... but.... how?  If I plug a vector into it, (I assume you
mean the aaNoise VOP), it errors.  I tried to roll my own aaNoise and
change the sig of offset to be a vector, but that didn't work, (although
it didn't error).  How do I pass in three floats (I assume you mean a
vector), to an input expecting a point?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Louis Dunlevy wrote:
> You'll notice the offset input is set to be a point rather than a
> vector. PRman transforms that as the camera moves.
>
> Bad SESI >:o  .. naughty naughty....
>
> just pass in the offset as 3 floats and combine them! 8-)
>
> Sean Lewkiw wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've built an RMAN VOP displacement shader using the VOP aanoise.
>> When I animate the camera, the noise moves.  So I added an
>> rsl_transform node, from "current" to "world". Still moves.  Tried an
>> in-line VOP with:
>>
>> transform("object",P);
>>
>> ... no joy.  Tried:   vtransform("current", "world", P);
>>
>> ... no joy.  Then I tried to pipe the first transform above into
>> another in-line VOP with
>>
>> noise(pp*10) * .2;
>>
>> ... and it works, the noise sticks.  Is the Houdini RMAN aanoise VOP
>> broken?  (I see lots of space change warnings in my .err files about
>> the voplib.h files.)
>>
>> Sean

Sean Lewkiw
--