[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rman VOP displace shader

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Mon Jun 18 13:25:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've built an RMAN VOP displacement shader using the VOP aanoise.  When
I animate the camera, the noise moves.  So I added an rsl_transform
node, from "current" to "world". Still moves.  Tried an in-line VOP with:

 transform("object",P);

... no joy.  Tried:   vtransform("current", "world", P);

... no joy.  Then I tried to pipe the first transform above into another
in-line VOP with

noise(pp*10) * .2;

... and it works, the noise sticks.  Is the Houdini RMAN aanoise VOP
broken?  (I see lots of space change warnings in my .err files about the
voplib.h files.)

Sean

--
Sean Lewkiw