[Sidefx-houdini-list] VFX article

Agent Xray xray at agentxray.com
Mon Jun 18 11:31:23 EDT 2007

Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) wrote:

> I personally work for a company that is not unionized, and they are able to stay that way by taking good care of their employees, and providing benefits--including health care.
>
> Dave

This partially proves my point. The pressure of unionization is one of
the reasons they provide good care and benefits for their _staff_
employees. Without the external pressure of the threat of unionization I
doubt that many companies would offer benefits out of the altruistic
goodness of their collective hearts. If they didn't provide these
benefits the employees would either unionize or quit.

-=X