[Sidefx-houdini-list] VFX article

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jun 18 10:56:21 EDT 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007 10:42, Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) wrote:

> Someone is paying for it. Why should the people of the state pay for your
> health care costs?

	A loaded question, sir, and one that has a different answer up here in
Canada, and around many of the other industrialized nations of the world
apparently.  :)

	But that aside, yes, getting decent medical coverage is important, and yup
someone, somewhere has to pay for it.  The issue of being senior is
irrelevant, though - either you're factoring in the money to cover this into
your requested salary, or it's covered by someone else(work, union, whatever)
and you ask for less money.  When someone quotes a rate to work for us as a
freelancer, we take into account that's got to cover things like this - we
would offer a lesser per hour rate as a full time, covered employee.  it's a
perk, with a tangible value.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada