[Sidefx-houdini-list] VFX article

Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) dave.johnson at ngc.com
Mon Jun 18 10:42:14 EDT 2007

Dave Johnson reluctantly joins the conversation, saying:

State supported or union supported health care is not "free" health care. Someone is paying for it. Why should the people of the state pay for your health care costs? And why should the other members of your industry pay, whether they are at your company or not? As a senior experienced artist, if you're not worth $30k more a year to cover those costs, either you're not selling your attributes well enough, or something else is wrong--maybe the company. I'm not directing this to anyone in particular, and I am not saying that you personally are not worth the $30k a year more, Xray, I'm just talking politics here.

I personally work for a company that is not unionized, and they are able to stay that way by taking good care of their employees, and providing benefits--including health care.

Dave