[Sidefx-houdini-list] Interviewing Candidates

christopher exarhos cexarhos at realimaginations.com
Wed Jun 13 10:40:45 EDT 2007

not sure how much this relates to your topic.
ive been coming across the issue of hiring people who have great work and
interview well.
but, then when it comes to actual production, they are not what they
interviewed.
....i guess thats why you give them a part time trial period if possible.
over the past years of jobs and learning the managing aspects, finding good
people is harder
than most realize. in alot of fields you do need to talk yourself up to get
the job.
but it will come back to bite ya in certain jobs fields if you mislead
yourself
and this field is one of them.

one aspect i acknowledge first is...
do i need someone that can produce what we need right away and knows there
stuff, or if they
seem to have great potential, you have to accept the learning curve to have
a potential great employee.

glad to see aspects of issues being posted...thanks for letting me post my
two cents...or three  :)

best
-chris